''I Wandered'' a poem by Yashal Jalil


I wandered in the gardens of rose
I roamed in the streets of whores
I roved in the houses of bawds
But no peace did I find everyone knows.

I moved to the bars
Intoxicant liquid jars
Numb became the hours
But alas, no peace did I find in the notorious dark.

I tried to sleep
And all night weep
My heart used to bleed
But no peace did I find, I retreat.

My narcissism vanished
And ego banished
I was tornished
But no peace did I find, instead, perished.

It was the darkest age
A war against myself I waged
I accepted your rage
My life began, peace I chased.

My hands trembled
My feet shuddered
I entered your prison
Yet my soul shivered

No, I was wrong
Your anger was not long
Your love was a song
I sang all along.

Nothing fears me anymore
The tavern becomes my mosque
And the brothel, a temple
The night becomes my church
And my tears become pearls.

I was lost
Used to boast
You changed me
I attained peace when you
became the host.

Regards,
Yashal Jalil

Comments

  1. The tavern is my mosque...
    Your love is my song...
    My ego banished...
    A war against myself...

    Beautiful reflection of darkness inside... When tears become pearls, peace is attained

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God of ecstasy

Acquire the Mirror

Are you ready to ask?